With the success of the television show The Apprentice master builder Donald Trump has not only become wealthier, he has become 'cool' as well. If you are are looking to succeed in the business world, but don't know how to proceed, who better to give you success tips than the 'Trumpster' himself. Hereís a look at Trumpís seven rules for success.
- First, you gotta have the brains.
- You gotta love what you do. If you donít love what you do, the chance for success is nil.
- Never give up. No matter what the obstacle is, you have to get through it and achieve what you set out to do. Never even think about giving up.
- You must have confidence. You have to really believe that you can do what you are setting out to do.
- Bring out the best in other people. Trump says that he often does this by pitting people against each other and seeing how they hold up. If they crumble, he knows theyíre not going to work for him anymore.
- Remain cool at all times, especially when youíre under fire. You have to learn to handle conflict easily and not get eaten up by it.
- You must work well with others, be cooperative and most of all be loyal. He says he never fires anyone unless theyíve done something really bad, like stolen from him.
óadapted from Newsweek
Trump: The Art of the Deal
Trump: How to Get Rich
The Way to the Top : The Best Business Advice I Ever Received
Hone your skills for work and family and you hone them for living life to the fullest