Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Guest AuthorThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "The most important thing about having goals is having one."
-- Geoffrey F. Abert
- " It takes a mad genius to reach some goals. "
-- Daniel Akst
- "When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live."
-- Greg Anderson
- "If you have a purpose in which you can believe, there's no end to the amount of things you can accomplish."
-- Marian Anderson
- "Goals too clearly defined can become blinkers."
-- Mary Catherine Bateson
- "To realize our goals, we must first imagine them fully."
-- Siew Hwa Beh
- "A goal is created three times. First as a mental picture. Second, when written down to add clarity and dimension. And third, when you take action towards its achievement."
-- Gary Ryan Blair
- "As you attempt to make big differences, remember to appreciate the small differences. And remember that you don't always have to reach the goal you set in order to make a difference."
-- Win Borden
- "Let's only have goals we can go after. "
-- Bono (U2)
- " Forget goals. Value the process. "
-- Jim Bouton
- "Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success."
-- Stephen A. Brennan
- "An ignorance of means may minister To greatness, but an ignorance of aims Make it impossible to be great at all."
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "A soul without a high aim is like a ship without a rudder."
-- Eileen Caddy
- "A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. A goal is what specifically you intend to make happen. Dreams and goals should be just out of your present reach but not out of sight. Dreams and goals are coming attractions in your life."
-- Joseph Campbell
- "A man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder. "
-- Thomas Carlyle
- "If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. "
-- Andrew Carnegie
- "No set goal achieved satisfies. Success only breeds a new goal. The golden apple devoured has seeds. It is endless."
-- Bette Davis
- "No wind serves him who addresses his voyage to no certain port."
-- Michel de Montaigne
- "If I've got correct goals, and if I keep pursuing them the best way I know how, everything else falls into line. If I do the right thing right, I'm going to succeed."
-- Dan Dierdorf
- "Most of us think having a list of priorities is a sign of a motivated, serious person. But there is one essential flaw in this perspective. We are not guaranteed a future; and even if we were we could not live in it. All we have is now."
-- George Lawrence-Ell
- "A goal is a dream that has an ending. "
-- Duke Ellington
- "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."
- "In whatever position you find yourself determine first your objective."
-- Marshal Ferdinand Foch
- "Even if I don't reach all my goals, I've gone higher than I would have if I hadn't set any."
-- Danielle Fotopoulos
- "The timid and fearful first failures dismay, but the stout heart stays trying by night and by day. He values his failures as lessons that teach The one way to get to the goal he would reach."
-- Edgar A. Guest
- "Aim at the sun and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself."
-- J. Hawkes
- "It's hard to stay committed...to stay in touch with the goal without saying there's something wrong with myself, my goal, the world."
-- Nancy Hogshead
- "You can do what you want to do, accomplish what you want to accomplish, attain any reasonable objective you may have in mind - not all of a sudden, perhaps not in one swift and sweeping act of achievement - but you can do it gradually, day by day and play by play, if you want to do it, if you work to do it, over a sufficiently long period of time."
-- William E. Holler
Content copyright © 2013 by Guest Author. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Guest Author. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact