Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Guest AuthorThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "Some people are still unaware that reality contains unparalleled beauties. The fantastic and unexpected, the ever-changing and renewing is nowhere so exemplified as in real life itself. "
-- Bernice Abbott
- "An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture, whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows. An idealist, however, is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else: the possibility of changing the picture, of making the lights prevail over the shadows."
-- Felix Adler
- "If the sky falls we shall catch larks. "
-- American Proverb
- "Pessimists are second rate people. They do not believe in life. ... All they want to do is drag you down and appease their own feelings of mediocrity and fear."
-- U. S. Anderson
- "I would say that I'm a nonviolent soldier. In place of weapons of violence, you have to use your mind, your heart, your sense of humor, every faculty available to you ... because no one has the right to take the life of another human being."
-- Joan Baez
- "One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. "
-- Lucille Ball
- "I want to see how life can triumph. "
-- Romare Bearden
- "An optimist is the human personification of spring. "
-- Susan J. Bissonette
- "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
- "The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy."
-- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "I am glad I am an optimist. The pessimist is half-licked before he starts. "
-- Thomas A. Buckner
- "Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."
-- George Gordon Byron
- "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Caball
- "If there is a more optimistic holiday than July Fourth, I don't know what it is: the food, the spectacle, the picnics, the reminder that there are still a delicious nine weeks left until the end of the summer. "
-- Betsy Carter
- "The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity. "
-- Winston Churchill
- "I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else. "
-- Winston Churchill
- "Optimism doesn't wait on facts. It deals with prospects. "
-- Norman Cousins
- "Be as upbeat as you can be. The basic success orientation is having an optimistic attitude."
-- John DePasquale
- "No matter how bad things are, they can always be worse. So what if my stroke left me with a speech impediment? Moses had one, and he did all right. "
-- Kirk Douglas
- "Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand. "
-- George Eliot
- "The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum. "
-- Havelock Ellis
- "Optimism is the content of small men in high places. "
-- F Scott Fitzgerald
- "The incontestable truth is that America has been built up by optimists, not by pessimists, but by men possessing courage, confidence in the nation's destiny, by men willing to adventure, to shoulder risks terrifying to the timid."
-- B. C. Forbes
Content copyright © 2014 by Guest Author. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Guest Author. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact