Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Guest Author
- "Sometimes we think we should be able to know everything. But we can't. We have to allow ourselves to see what there is to see, and we have imagine. "
-- David Almond
- "Oppression involves a failure of the imagination: the failure to imagine the full humanity of other human beings."
-- Margaret Atwood
- "Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."
-- Lauren Bacall
- "Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity. Imagination has given us the steam engine, the telephone, the talking-machine, and the automobile, for these things had to be dreamed of before they became realities. So I believe that dreams-- daydreams, you know, with your eyes wide open and your brain machinery whizzing-- are likely to lead to the betterment of the world. The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to invent, and therefore to foster, civilization."
-- L. Frank Baum
- "The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity ... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself."
-- William Blake
- "To see the world in a grain of sand and Heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour."
- "Imagination allows us to escape the predictable. It enables us to reply to the common wisdom that we cannot soar by saying, "Just watch!""
-- Bill Bradley
- "Imagination is the living power and prime agent of all human perception."
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "The great successful men of the world have used their imagination...they think ahead and create their mental picture in all it details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building-steadily building."
-- Robert Collier
- "When the imagination and will power are in conflict, are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception."
-- Emile Coue
- "Imagination is as good as many voyages-- and how much cheaper."
-- George W. Curtis
- "Imagination is our ability to see inwardly and picture there that which has not yet appeared outwardly. Imagination is God's gift to us."
-- Donald Curtis
- "We are what and where we are because we have first imagined it."
-- Donald Curtis
- "Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination."
-- John Dewey
- "The Gleam of an heroic act, Such strange illumination-- The Possible's slow fuse it lit By the Imagination."
-- Emily Dickinson
- "The Brain—is wider than the Sky— For—put them side by side— The one the other will contain With ease—and You—beside— Heaven is so far of the Mind That were the Mind dissolved— The Site—of it—by Architect Could not again be proved— 'Tis vast—as our Capacity— As fair—as our idea— To Him of adequate desire No further 'tis, than Here—"
-- Emily Dickinson
- "It could be that our faithlessness is a cowering cowardice born of our very smallness, a massive failure of imagination...If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed."
-- Annie Dillard
- "I imagine, therefore I belong and am free."
-- Lawrence Durrell
- "If you don't daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there. So you have to start someplace."
-- Robert Duvall
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Guest Author. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Guest Author. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact