- "Sometimes we think we should be able to know everything. But we can't. We have to allow ourselves to see what there is to see, and we have imagine. "
-- David Almond
- "Oppression involves a failure of the imagination: the failure to imagine the full humanity of other human beings."
-- Margaret Atwood
- "Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."
-- Lauren Bacall
- "Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity. Imagination has given us the steam engine, the telephone, the talking-machine, and the automobile, for these things had to be dreamed of before they became realities. So I believe that dreams-- daydreams, you know, with your eyes wide open and your brain machinery whizzing-- are likely to lead to the betterment of the world. The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to invent, and therefore to foster, civilization."
-- L. Frank Baum
- "The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity ... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself."
-- William Blake
- "To see the world in a grain of sand and Heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour."
- "Imagination allows us to escape the predictable. It enables us to reply to the common wisdom that we cannot soar by saying, "Just watch!""
-- Bill Bradley
- "Imagination is the living power and prime agent of all human perception."
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "The great successful men of the world have used their imagination...they think ahead and create their mental picture in all it details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building-steadily building."
-- Robert Collier
- "When the imagination and will power are in conflict, are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception."
-- Emile Coue
- "Imagination is as good as many voyages-- and how much cheaper."
-- George W. Curtis
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Amy Packham. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Amy Packham. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.