Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Guest Author
- "The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!"
-- Margaret Atwood
- "True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away."
-- Alicia Barnhart
- "I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
- "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."
-- Ingrid Bergman
- "Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time... It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other."
-- Leo F. Buscaglia
- "You call it madness, but I call it love."
-- Don Byas
- "Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of anothers personhood."
-- Karen Casey
- "The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost."
-- G. K. Chesterton
- "Love's a thing that's never out of season."
-- Barry Cornwall
- "Love is shown in your deeds, not in your words."
-- Fr. Jerome Cummings
- "Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole."
-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love -- and to put its trust in life."
-- Joseph Conrad
- "A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-- Abraham Crowley
- "Blushing is the color of virtue."
- "Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies."
-- John Donne
- "The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time."
-- Lawrence Durrell
- "Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold."
-- Zelda Fitzgerald
- "If you would be loved, love and be lovable."
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "For you see, each day I love you more Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."
-- Rosemonde Gerard
- "We look forward to the time when the power to love of will replace the love of power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."
-- William Gladstone
- "The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved."
-- Victor Hugo
- "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
-- Victor Hugo
- "Relationships-- of all kinds-- are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost."
-- Kaleel Jamison
- "Don't forget to love yourself."
-- Soren Kierkegaard
- "To love another person is to see the face of God."
-- Les Miserables
- "Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?"
-- Christopher Marlowe
- "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. "
-- W. Somerset Maugham
- "The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love."
-- Henry Miller
- "Romantic love is an illusion. Most of us discover this truth at the end of a love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down their flames."
-- Thomas Moore
- "Love is not blind -- It sees more and not less, but because it sees more it is willing to see less."
-- Will Moss
Content copyright © 2015 by Guest Author. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Guest Author. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact