Growing Out Short Hair - Without Losing Your Mind
However, following these suggestions will make the ordeal easier and get you to your long hair goal without losing your mind.
- Decide on your goal.
- Look through magazines and hairstyle books. Find pictures of styles that you like. If you are unsure, take these pictures to your hairdresser to discuss which styles would look well on you and will also work with your hair texture.
- You may be used to trimming your short hair every 3 to 4 weeks. To start the growing-out process, wait only an extra two weeks before you visit the salon to have your hair shaped. Often, waiting too long produces a shaggy effect with little or no ‘style.’ You don’t have to settle for an out-of-shape ‘growing it out’ look.
Before your hairdresser begins, go over your goal style again to make sure you both understand what you are going for.
- If you use hair color or permanent waves, the ends of your hair will feel ‘drier’ than when it was short.
- Even without any chemical processing, longer hair often feels dry.
- Regular conditioning will help keep away split ends.
- Your hair will be constantly changing and the in-between styles will often take more coaxing to stay in place.
- Experiment with new ways of styling your hair. Learn to use curling irons, hot rollers and hair accessories. You may be surprised with many great new looks.
- On the average, hair grows approximately one half inch per month. That means only 3 inches in 6 months!
Have faith! With perseverance, you will have long hair! And you will be rewarded with many different hairstyles along the way.
Learn about curling irons.
Ceramic curling iron.
Learn about rollers.
Learn about conditioning.
Conditioning: The Spa Hair Treatment
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
How to Retouch
Root Lifter for Fuller Hair
Suggested Hot Curlers
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.