Guest Author - Vannie Ryanes
Your school age child may soon be arriving home with a Halloween mask he or she has made at school. Your pre-schooler need not be left out of the fun.
To make a great pumpkin face mask you will need a plain paper plate, scissors, crayons and piece of yarn about 15 inches in length. A hole punch is useful if you have one.
1. Color the paper plate orange* (your child can do this).
2. Use a black crayon to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the paper plate (your child can do this with your help).
3. Cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth. Be sure your child can see clearly through the eyes.
4. Punch a hole in each side of the mask with a hole punch or a sharp knife.
5. Cut the yarn in half and tie to each side of the great pumpkin face.
*A word of caution: although colored markers give better and brighter coverage, you don't want this near your childs face, use a crayon.
Hone your skills for work and family and you hone them for living life to the fullest