Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Quotations about Friendship
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "The growth of friendship might be a lifelong affair."
-- Sarah Orne Jewett
- "Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure."
-- Jewish Saying
- "True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice. "
-- Samuel Johnson
- "Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness. "
-- Lois L. Kaufman
- "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. "
-- Helen Keller
- "Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. "
-- Cindy Lew
- "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...it has no survival value; rather, it is one of those things that give value to survival."
-- C. S. Lewis
- "Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces."
-- Ann Morrow Lindbergh
- "The truth is friendship is every bit as sacred and eternal as marriage. "
-- Katherine Mansfield
- "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. "
-- Bernard Meltzer
- "Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred try. "
-- Claude Mermet
- "It's so much more friendly with two. "
-- A.A. Milne
- "A bosom friend-an intimate friend, you know-a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. "
-- Lucy Maud Montgomery
- "A friend should be a master at guessing and keeping still. "
-- Friedrich W. Nietzsche
- "In a friend you find a second self. "
-- Anais Nin
- "What I cannot love, I overlook. Is that real friendship? "
-- Anais Nin
- "Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust. "
-- Jesse Owens
- "Friends are needed both for joy and for sorrow. "
-- Samuel Paterson
- "Love is rarer than genius itself. And friendship is rarer than love. "
-- Charles Peguy
- "There can be no Friendship where there is no Freedom. "
-- William Penn
- "An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
-- Proverbs 24:26
- "Hold a true friend with both hands."
-- Nigerian Proverb
- "Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. "
-- Sicilian Proverb
- "Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief."
-- Swedish Proverb
- "I would rather have a million friends than a million dollars."
-- Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
- "Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. "
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Friends are lights in winters; the older the friend, the brighter the light. "
-- Roger Rosenblatt
- "Friendship is almost always the union of a part of one mind with a part of another; people are friends in spots. "
-- George Santayana
- "My friend is not perfect—no more than I am—and so we suit each other admirable. "
-- Alexander Smith
- "I am speaking now of the highest duty we owe our friends, the noblest, the most sacred--that of keeping their own nobleness, goodness, pure and incorrupt.. If we let our friend become cold and selfish and exacting without remonstrance, we are no true lover, no true friend. "
-- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- "Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- "Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
-- George Washington
- "I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul. "
-- Edith Wharton
- "A friend is a lot of things, but a critic he isn't."
-- Bern Williams
- "Friendship is to be purchased only by friendship. A man may have authority over others, but he can never have their hearts but by giving his own. "
-- Thomas Wilson
- "Did I choose you? Did you choose me? And what difference does it make? All that really matters, friend, is that we chose together. "
-- Lois Wyse
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact