How many brands of hair-care products are under your sink? Although manufacturers and many hairdressers suggest using one brand for all hair care needs, I find that most people use three or four hair-care items from different manufacturers. So this week I chose three products from three different manufacturers. All three are touted to increase and accentuate curl
- You simply spray this on damp hair and scrunch.
- The product dries very quickly which helps to encourage the curl in ‘not-so-curly’ hair.
- It forms curls with a ‘crispy’ feel, so it is unwise to run your fingers through your hair afterward as they will get caught.
- After sleeping on it, my hair was a mess but I could easily revive it by wetting my hands and scrunching it again to reactivate the product. I could also have sprayed my hair with water spray bottle and then scrunched it.
- When used on dry hair, Curl Booster created an even crispier curl.
- The shape of the bottle is easy to hold and the sprayer worked well.
I suggest using FX Curl Booster Special Effects - Fixative Gel along with the Curling Spray for more body and hold.
Other items to try in this line are:
Curl Amplifier Crème - for softer curl
Anti-frizz Hair Serum - for softer curl and extra frizz relief
FX products can be found in variety stores and online.
- I used this in the same way as the FX
- This product seemed to make my hair a little curlier than the FX.
- It also holds the curl but creates a slightly less ‘crispy’ feel than the FX
- It was still too crispy to run my fingers through my hair after it was dry.
- The next day, I revived the curl by dampening it and scrunching.
- The bottle was difficult to hold without squeezing it while spraying. The sprayer was stiff making it hard to get an even spray.
I found that using my own LC Legacy Styling Glaze with this product gave me more control and body.
Got2b can be found in variety stores and online.
- This product has conditioning properties as well as defining and holding power.
- It separated and accentuated the curl while leaving a very soft feeling style.
- After sleeping on it, the curl was easily reactivated by dampening my hands and scrunching my hair. The curls remained soft and touchable.
- The bottle was easy to hold and the sprayer worked easily.
This product can be used with ARTec Curl Memory Spring Up Styler for more body or ARTec Curl Memory Spiral Down Crème for more control in unruly hair.
Curl Memory can be found in professional salons and online.
For fun, I created my own potpourri of curling products, layering LC Legacy Styling Glaze, ARTec Curl Memory leave-in treatment, and FX Curl Booster Scrunching and Curling Spray (in that order) all in one style. I liked the result! My hair had lots of body, soft, defined curls with enough ‘crispyness’ to keep it in place.