Guest Author - Taisha Turner
Gift Ideas for Southeast Asia Travelers
What gift do you give someone who loves to travel? That was the question posed to the members of the Society of American Travel Writers, the world’s largest organization of professional travel journalists and photographers.
This is a list of gifts they would like to receive.
1. Prepaid international phone cards for the destination with dialing instructions.
2. Currency for the international destination.
3. Wheeled luggage.
4. A set of airline upgrades. Many airlines sell first and business class upgrades. See the airline’s web site for details.
5. Frequent flyer miles. Again, many airlines sell frequent flyer miles. See the airline’s web site.
6. Membership in an airline VIP Club. These places reduce the stress of the long time spent in airports due to security requirements and a place to do some laptop work.
7. A promise to really listen to a traveler’s stories and look at their photographs upon their return.
8. A travel flashlight.
9. Brightly colored items to place on luggage, to make it stand out on the baggage carousel. Neon Luggage Tags
10. The gift of dreams: subscriptions to travel magazines, guidebooks and posters to dream destinations, or books on the culture.
Whether the traveler is a friend or relative or maybe you, give a gift that reflects their unique personality. Give a gift which reflects how aware you are of their interests.
Visit the Southeast Asia Forum and share your gift suggestion! Free to share your opinions on Southeast Asia.
Don't forget sign up for the Southeast Asia Travel newsletter. Do it today.
Come back each week for the latest article.