Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Quotations on Christmas
Guest Author - Guest AuthorQuotations about ChristmasThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect."
-- Oren Arnold
- "Don't expect too much of Christmas Day. You can't crowd into it any arrears of unselfishness and kindliness that may have accrued during the past twelve months."
-- Oren Arnold
- "Call no man a foe, but never love a stranger."
-- Stella Benson
- "Where charity stands watching and faith holds wide the door the dark night wakes - the glory breaks, Christmas comes once more."
-- Phillips Brooks
- "Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given--when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes."
-- Joan Winmill Brown
- "Midnight, and the clock strikes. It is Christmas Day, the werewolves birthday, the door of the solstice still wide enough open to let them all slink through."
-- Angela Carter
- "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind."
-- Mary Ellen Chase
- "When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?"
-- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- "Washington's birthday is as close to a secular Christmas as any Christian country dare come this side of blasphemy."
-- Alistair Cooke
- "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."
-- Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) 30th US President, Republican
- "Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs, rising or falling, grasping at kisses and toys, advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm, retreating to the corner of arm and knee, eager to be reassured, taking pleasure in the fragrant brilliance of the Christmas tree."
-- T.S. Eliot
- "God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith, the warmth of Christmas, which is love; the radiance of Christmas, which is purity."
-- Wilda English
- "Christmas night, stars shine bright, and all the angels are singing. 'The Son of God is Born!' Little child, holy child, how I want to be near you, this blessed Christmas night."
-- Garry Gamble
- "Keeping Christmas is good, but sharing it is better."
-- Arnold Glasow
Content copyright © 2015 by Guest Author. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Guest Author. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact