Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Potato and Spinach Latkes
Latkes are traditionally served for Jewish holidays. However, I enjoy them anytime. These potato and spinach latkes are wonderful for your buffet table.
3 cups grated white potatoes
1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
1 small finely chopped onion
6 tbspn matzoh meal
Salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1. Beat eggs until frothy. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
2. Use a tablespoon to make flat dumplings. Place in hot oil. Fry until medium and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with sour cream.
* When serving Potato and Spinach Latkes at your buffet table use a serving tray with dipping cup. Put sour cream in cup and surround with the latkes.
* Good served with applesauce.
* Blend sour cream and applesauce together and spoon over one or two warm latkes placed in a saucer or small dish. (Warm latkes in microwave)
Serves 6 to 10
Hone your skills for work and family and you hone them for living life to the fullest
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Vannie Ryanes for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.