Creating Harmony In The Workplace
From time to time anyone who works outside of the home will have difficulty getting along with co-workers. Instead of thinking of leaving your job, think of ways you can help to create a more harmonious work environment.
1. Be mindful that there are always two sides to every story and every situation. Generally there is more than meets the eye.
2. If something or someone has made you angry, allow some cool off time before you address the conflicting matter. Words said in the heat of anger can have a lasting affect on the entire office family. Once you have had a chance to cool down you will be able to have a communicative and constructive discussion with your antagonist or your manager.
3. In matters of conflict is it really the other person that is the problem or could it be you? Give the matter some thought before you speak. Be honest with yourself. Are you unwilling to compromise because you know that you are right? Remember to pick your battles, some things simply are not important enough to fight about.
4. Spread good will and positive feelings among your co-workers. When someone does a good job or makes an important contribution to the office, compliment them. It only takes a few kind words to change a persons attitude.
5. Don't be the office snoop. Don't be nosy. Don't be the office gossip. In other words "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."
6. Acknowledge or participate in office activities, even when you think they are silly. If you don't want to participate, step out of your workspace and cheer your co-worker's to victory.
7. Exhibit tact. As seen on television and social media, how you say something is often the key to understanding, remember life is not all about you or your issues.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.