Here is my yearly updated list of homemade beauty products. Easy to make health and beauty products from the fruit and veggie bin and other products in your home cabinets. Sugar does more than sweeten your coffee, it makes a good dead skin slougher. When I was a child my moms mantra was be sure to put Vaseline on face, knees and elbows--I still do it. I have nice skin and great knees and elbows.
I have used many of the skin recipes * below. I use witch hazel straight from the bottle as an astringent.
- Use witch hazel as an astringent instead of pricey products.
- Cool Banana pulp is a face plumping moisturiser. Mash banana, apply to face, rinse with cool water after 15 minutes.
- Oatmeal in whole milk made into a helps to slough dead skin and tighten pores. Apply with a damp face cloth and gently clease face.
- Cucumber slices placed over eyes will soothe them.
- Tomato pulp tightens skins and is a great remedy for blackheads.
- Cucumber juice patted on face and left to dry will deminish the appearance of wrinkles.
- Make a mask of plain yogurt to restore the natural acidity balance to your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse face in cool water. Pat dry.
- pour powered milk into bath water for a skin softening bath. Add oatmeal if skin is dry and itchy.
- Rub lemon peel over elbows and knees to help get rid of uneven rough dark spots.
- Vinegar makes a good hair rinse for oily hair. Add 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of distilled water. Keep in refrigerator.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice to 1 quart of cool water for your final hair rinse to help prevent drandruff.
- Don't throw that used tea bag away. Drink your tea then use the tea bag if your eyes are tired and puffy swollen.
- Apply hemmoroid cream under the eyes to lessen puffiness.
- Cucumber slices are great eye soothers.
- To diminish undereye puffiness for the evening use a little Preperation H to temporarily tighten the skin.
- Use vaseline to tame your eyebrows.
- Keep white vinegar in refrigerater for burns from stove or sunburn. Pour over burns to help stop blister. Pat on sunburn.
- Witch Hazel soothes the pain and swelling of insect bites.
- Dot Milk of Magnesia on pimples at night or when you are home (alone) to help dry them away.
- Dabbing eye drops on your pimple will get rid of redness for a short time.
- Use scar gel on darkened/rough elbows and knees. It will get rid of dark spots and soften the skin.
- Use a small bit of white tulle netting to gently buff dead skin away. You can buy it from any store that sells fabric.
- Mix 2 parts baking soda to one part salt brush teeth. It removes plaque and whitens. Do not swallow mixture. Rinse mouth until salt taste gone.
- Take a stress release bath. Toss 2 to 3 handfuls of table salt in tub of hot water. Close eyes and relax.
*These tips are for information purposes only-please do not use any salt hints if you suffer from high blood pressure.