If you Google "dating advice," you'll get approximately 7.7 million results. That's a lot of advice to wade through. Since I've spent the better part of my several years on this planet with my nose buried in a book, I usually turn directly to my iPad's bookstore when I have questions that I want answers to. For dating, I knew that the same old same old wouldn't do for me: I wanted a fresh perspective.
So who better to turn to than a man for dating advice?
Enter Ali Binazir, author of "The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible."
The biggest thing that I love about this book is that it's more than just a mere dating guide -- it's about becoming the "most empowered, fulfilled version of you possible." This isn't a list about how to make eye contact and flip your hair while holding an appletini. No. This book can be a constant reference for you, and one that you'll want to keep close by.
Binazir organized The Tao of Dating into five themes, each richly designed to put you first, as any great dating book should be.
- Wealth-consciousness, or the mindset of abundance
- The Be-Do-Have mentality, which relates to Napoleon Hill’s famous saying from Think and Grow Rich: “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve”
- Enlightened self-interest, which is about acting with your long-term well-being in mind
- Feminine-masculine (yin-yang) polarity
- and Getting out of your own way.
A word of caution - this isn't a book to tell you how to get a guy. This is an opportunity to work on the things that we most need: how to love ourselves first. A must-have for anyone's library.
Check it out on Amazon.com: The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible