Trip to Europe at the Last Minute
The problem gets really big if you decide to go to Europe at the last minute. There are many things that can go wrong in your panic. You might not get to your destination on time, which can mess up car schedules, rental schedules, and hotel bookings. You can mess up a lot of things when you pack, and you can miss a lot of important things if you do not have a lot of time to pack up. Moreover, you will not enjoy your trip if you forget a lot of things in terms of packing and transportation.
But, can you plan a last minute travel trip to Europe, in advance? Here are six tips that you can use to help you plan.
- Do not underestimate the power of lists. Making a list, even when you don't need it, can help you. On off days, when you do not have to worry about last minute things such as travel and packing, take some time to sit down and make a list of things that you would need to bring if you were to suddenly go to Europe. Don't forget your passport and your toiletries! Keep your list in a safe place, so that if the chance for travel suddenly comes up, you won't miss a thing.
- Don't underestimate the power of your travel agent either. Talk to your travel agent about advice for last minute plans, and if your travel agent already has a list of discount hotels in Europe. This way, you can always have someone ready and waiting to help you out just in case you suddenly get the urge to go to Europe.
- Subscribe to web sites or get log ins to discount hotels in Europe. This means that you need to get onto their website and log yourself in regularly in order to see what deals they have. This way, you are aware of what discounts there are, so that when you get to start going to Europe and have to travel at the last minute, you can immediately log on to the website that you need and get yourself discounts on lodging.
- Be aware of what your memberships offer in terms of European travel. Some credit cards have discount packages that allow you to get ticket discounts, while some insurance companies or even your car insurance and sales company will have discounts for travel. You may be able to get yourself some great discounts if you know where to look, and if you already have these discounts under your belt!
- Subscribe to travel magazines and read about destinations in Europe. Read up on some history as well! This way, if you suddenly get the urge to go to Europe, you already know where to go and you don't mess up your touring plans.
- Check the web for "last minute European travel" or "short notice travel to Europe" on Google or Yahoo. Also ask your travel agent if they know of web sites to check for last minute deals. Check out package web sites like
Gateway Travel Tours . Or you might try Travelocity to see what is available now before you actually leave.
If you contact Gateway travel, go to the Contact Us web page and send an e-mail asking to be notified if there are any last minute package travel deals they can offer. With a little practice, you can find deals at the last minute and have a really terrific vacation.
Until next time, let me know what is on your mind, and how you are doing, O.K.?
Jim Fortune - the Bella Budget Travel Guy
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Jim Fortune. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jim Fortune. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Julie Harper for details.