Install iBooks Author Template
If you’ve purchased my template or another template, open the download zip file. Inside the folder, you will find the.ibatemplate template and .clr color palette files.
Install the Template
It’s easy to install the template. Once installed, it will be listed in the Template Chooser.
- Open iBA.
- Find the .ibatemplate file in the download folder.
- Double-click on the .ibatemplate, to open the template in to iBooks Author.
Let’s save this as a template.
- To save the template, click File - Save as Template. iBA will automatically open the Finder window to the iBA My Templates folder.
- Rename the file as you like and click Save.
Once installed, the color palette in the download file will be in the Color Window.
- With iBooks Author still open, click on the Colors icon in the Toolbar, to open the Colors Window.
- Click the Color Palettes icon (third from the left).
- Click the Gear icon at the right edge of the panel.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Open.
- Select the .clr file in the download folder and click Open.
When we take a look at the workspace, you will find that iBA has a very simple workspace. Most templates already have a chapter, section and page layout installed in the Book Pane. This is the basic foundation for a book. Depending on the template, you must keep at least one chapter or section.
How To Make The Template Yourself
My template has one chapter and five section layouts installed in the Book Pane. The chapter section is not optional, because it contains all the rest of the book. However, the sections are optional. For example, if you only want the storybook pages, you can delete the Title Page, Activities, Quizzes and Appendix layouts.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.