Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Five For Family Fun On A Carnival Cruise
Cruises deliver tons of fun for families with kids of all ages. Today’s cruise ships offer programs, amenities and attractions for every interest and age group, all at a great value. Carnival understands the family vacation market well. The cruise line carries 800,000 children per year and has been a perennial family favorite for decades. With its latest ships, Carnival has introduced its own brand of fun including some attractions and experiences that can be found only on a Carnival cruise.
If you’re looking for a great family cruise vacation, here are five “only on Carnival” features that are sure to be a hit with families and multigenerational groups:
1. Racing each other on SkyRide. Carnival Vista’s free SkyRide is a cool attraction that lets families ride along an elevated 800-foot-long track above the ship at speeds up to 18 miles per hour, providing gorgeous views of the sea 150 feet below. Parents and kids have fun racing each other on SkyRide’s dual tracks. Riders must be at least 52 inches tall and SkyRide’s weight limit is 300 pounds. Closed toe shoes are required, so make sure everyone has on the proper footwear before getting to the front of the line. Carnival’s newest ship, Carnival Horizon, will feature SkyRide as well.
2. Enjoying family-friendly events together. As part of an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises that began in 2013, Carnival Cruise Line launched Seuss At Sea – a series of shipboard family focused dining and entertainment experiences. Families have fun participating in the Seuss-a-palooza Parade & Story Time event and other themed activities on Carnival ships. While Carnival Cruise Line’s Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with The Cat in the Hat and Friends is not free, at just $5 per person it’s easily the best value character breakfast on land or sea. Don't miss it. Carnival Cruise Line excels at offering experiences that families can enjoy together. Hasbro, The Game Show is another popular family activity found only on Carnival ships.
3. Watching an IMAX movie at sea. Carnival Vista features the first IMAX Theatre at sea as part of its Carnival Multiplex. Cruisers can watch IMAX classic movies and documentaries on the big screen along with recent Hollywood blockbuster movies and family favorites. The popular Carnival Thrill Theater is also located in this area, too. Both the IMAX Theatre and Carnival Thrill Theater will be available on Carnival Horizon, too. In addition to these venues, families also have fun watching nightly Dive-In Movies together. These shows feature both family-oriented and action themes and they’re very popular with families and multigenerational groups.
4. Getting soaked at a Dr. Seuss-themed water park. Water parks are always a favorite family feature on Carnival cruise ships. On Carnival’s newest ship, Carnival Horizon, guests will be able to take family fun to a whole new level at the ship’s Dr. Seuss WaterWorks featuring two cool slides. Carnival Horizon’s top-deck Dr. Seuss WaterWorks waterpark will feature The Cat in the Hat twisting 450-feet-long enclosed raft slide and the Fun Things tube slide with polka dots and special lighting effects. Little ones will love Carnival’s kiddie splash zone water play area with water spray features and a 150-gallon tipping bucket that looks just like The Cat’s hat.
5. Chilling out in Family Harbor. Parents and kids usually need more family room on vacation. With this in mind, Carnival Cruise Line designed a special Family Harbor area that's available on both Carnival Vista and Carnival Horizon. This space features an innovative set of “family ergonomic” accommodations built with the needs of families in mind. Some are family suites for five people with two bathrooms, a must for many families. Guests staying in Family Harbor can use the Family Harbor Lounge, a cool hangout with large screen televisions, board games, and complimentary breakfast and snacks. The Family Harbor Lounge is available exclusively for Family Harbor guests. A family concierge is available daily to provide assistance with dining and shore excursion reservations, youth program activities, and age-specific recommendations. Family Harbor rooms and suites come with special amenities including free meals for children under 12 in specialty restaurants, one free evening in the late night Night Owls kids program at Camp Ocean, and more.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.