Cut Your Grocery Bill
- Remember that some generic food brands taste as good as name brands. Store brand cheeses are quite good and less expensive than brands. Store brand frozen foods are generally as good as the name brands. Take advantage of the lower cost.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables is season. Don't settle for inferior products, then throw them away because they have no taste, in essence you will be throwing money in the garbage. If you can't find good tomatoes for your salad. Make a green salad with canned whole (chilled) tomatoes on the side. Just drain, slice and serve.
- When buying frozen vegetables and fruits for future use, decide whether it is best to buy in small or large sizes. A large size may cost less but there is no savings if you defrost the whole bag just to make two servings. Think about usage when buying products large sizes, what appears to be a bargain may not be.
- Don't buy prepared gelatine, puddings or custards, these desserts cost pennies to make.
- If you do a lot of baking use powered milk. Use You can't taste the difference in baked goods and powered milk has a long shelf life.
Taking your lunch to work does not have be dull. Instead of using iceberg lettuce for your salad, buy baby spinach and a few snap peas, carrots and radishes. If you want a more substantial salad, add a small can of tuna. Instead of buying soda or coffee at the coffee shop, take your beverage to work, add a piece of fruit, and you could not ask for a better meal. If you enjoy salads and eat them several times a week, keep a jar of salad dressing in the office fridge or bring your own in a small jar. If you like a snack during the day, pack that in your lunch bag with your lunch, this way you will not have to buy goodies from the candy or chips from a machine.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.