As the spookiest day of the year approaches, you might want to think about planning a special Halloween date for you and your partner. Though it might seem like it is primarily geared toward children, there are plenty of ways for adults to join in on the Halloween fun and even more ways in which the annual fright night might lead to a little bit of romantic bonding.
One of the things that I think most attracts people to the idea of buying into the whole Halloween spirit is that it is the one time of year when you can pretend to be something or someone else and not only get away with it but even be rewarded for it in the form of candy and/or costume prizes. So if you are dating someone special this year and want to have some Halloween fun together, check out some of the Halloween date ideas below and get started on planning a frightfully, fun-filled, good time with your sweetie.
- Play Dress Up - One of the most exciting aspects of Halloween is the ability to put on a disguise and spend a few hours role playing what it might be like if you were something or someone else. Get together with your partner before Halloween and go on a costume shopping spree. Trying on different outfits with your date is a hilariously fun way to prepare for Halloween together. Depending on your preferences, you might come up with a couples-themed costume or perhaps make your final selections separately and surprise each other with the results. Either way is sure to make for some dating laughs to remember.
- Halloween Festivities - Check with your friends to see if anyone is hosting a costume party or consider throwing one of your own. If you would prefer to hit the town with your date then check your local listings and see if there is anything exciting going on. Most places offer a wide variety of Halloween festivities to choose from so you shouldn’t have a problem finding something fun to do.
- Haunted House - Going to a haunted house attraction is always an exciting way to spend your Halloween. Haunted houses make for good dates since they give you and your date an excuse to stay close and squeeze on each other when things get too scary.
- Scary Movies - If there aren’t any worthwhile Halloween attractions in your area or if you would prefer to plan a more intimate date night with your partner, you could always make it a blockbuster night and spend the evening watching scary movies with your sweetie.
- Pumpkin Carving - For those of you would prefer to go easy on the fright, you can still have some good Halloween date fun by getting together with your partner and having a pumpkin carving contest.