2006 - Casino Royale
· Vesper arrives and is talking to 007 on the train. The arm rests on her right are down. After the waiter takes their plates away, the wide view of the two of them shows the arm rest is still down. But when she leans back in the seat in the close-up (when she mentions the “money is in good hands”), the arm rest is folded up by the seat. It’s down again in wide views and up again in close-ups.
· Bond and Vesper arrive at the hotel and she leaves in the elevator. One of the hotel employees hands James an envelope. He goes outside to the new Aston Martin in the parking lot. When he gets in and opens the envelope, the wide view of him shows his door open. He looks at the paper (when he says “I love you too, M”) and it cuts back to the wide view and the door is suddenly closed.
· During the last poker hand of the game, after the other two gentlemen have gone all in, Le Chiffre raises the stakes. He pushes a stack of chips into the pot. The stack has four of the square blue chips on top. When Bond goes all in, Le Chiffre looks at his cards and calls. When Le Chiffre throws his chips in, the blue ones that were on top of the stack are no longer on top. (They’re in front of the stack.) When he tosses his last chip in, the close-up of the chips shows the blue ones are back in their original position.
· Le Chiffre is trying to torture the password out of Bond. There is a streak of blood that’s on Bond’s right cheek. Le Chiffre smudges the streak of blood when he slaps him and says “the only question remains”. It cuts to a close-up of Le Chiffre and then back to James and the trickle of blood is back to its original look. It’s smudged again when Le Chiffre tells him that all he needs is the password and it’s back to its original line again in the next close-up.
· Bond has to enter a password into the computer before the game begins. The last two digits that he enters are “47”. But when he tells Vesper what the password is and she enters it, the last two digits she hits are “37”.
“Casino Royale” (2006) stars Daniel Craig, Eva Green, Judi Dench, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffrey Wright and Giancarlo Giannini. It runs 144 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violent action, a scene of torture, sexual content and nudity.
Play our Who Played Bond In... Movie Quiz!
Get your copy of "Casino Royale" here:
You Should Also Read:
Quantum of Solace
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.