The beach is a very casual place, so when you're packing for the beach you don't want to overdo it on the makeup and any other beauty related products. Here are some tips that work for me.
- You want to have some kind of lip gloss or Chap Stick with you that has SPF in it. It will say on the package if it is SPF or not. You don't want your lips to get sunburned.
- Don't take too much eye makeup with you. And donít even think about a liquid foundation.
- You should take some mascara, and make sure itís waterproof. That way, when you get in the water it won't all wash away and leave you with black stuff all over your face! Make sure you pack make-up remover since most waterproof mascara wonít come off with soap and water.
- If you want to take a concealer or some kind or powder to touch up things a bit, you can... but I donít recommend it. Iím not a big fan of concealer, powder and foundation. If you have on too much foundation in warm or hot weather it will cake onto your face. That is not a good look at the beach!
- Put your makeup in a zippered makeup bag or ziplock, so if something spills it wonít be too big of a mess.
- If you want to have some color, bring a couple of eye shadows. I like to take two, and they're usually in light colors, but itís totally up to you.
- Even if you want a tan super badly, you still HAVE to bring sunscreen, and make sure you wear it to protect you from getting too much sun. A little bit of sun is good for you, but if you just lay there with no protection, you're asking for trouble.
- Remember your sunglasses!
- If you do happen to get sunburn, do yourself a favor and put on some aloe. The medium bottle is plenty.
- For something a little extra, buy some cocoa butter. When the sun burn is reduced by the aloe, rub a little bit of cocoa butter on your skin to re-moisturize and keep it from peeling.
- Bring some eye drops in case you get sand in your eyes or if you just happen to start crying it will take the redness away.
- Make sure to bring all your basic essentials with you - toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, beach towels, razors and shaving cream, etc.
- Donít forget shampoo and conditioner, brush or comb, hair ties, barrettes and bobby pins. If you want to leave your big containers at home you can go and buy small travel sizes of the products. If you donít want to spend too much money you could start collecting the little bottles from hotels, and then save those and put shampoo and conditioner into one of those.
- If you spend a long time playing on the beach and in the ocean, you donít really think about the top of your head. To keep you head from getting sunburned, you can pack a hat, a scarf or a bandana. You can also put a little bit of sunscreen on you part line to keep your scalp from getting burned.
- Make sure to bring some mousse, gel or hair spray so you can do some beach waves or other great beachy hair style.