Free Things to Do in Baltimore
Here are a few free things to do in my hometown city Baltimore.
Visit the Baltimore Museum of Art. The Baltimore Museum of Art has tons of educational things to see and it is free to everyone, everyday. They also offer drop-in art workshops and tours. Call ahead for details. The BMA is only closed on New Year's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
2. Take a walk down the Inner Harbor. The Inner Harbor offers a great view of the Chesapeake Bay. You can sit and watch the ships, people watch and more. If you bring a loaf of bread you can feed the birds.
3. Visit the grave of Edgar Allen Poe. Take in a bit of history. Initially Poe was buried without a headstone however one was added later. Visiting the gravesite is free however specialized tours are offered at a cost (reservations required).
4. Go to Weber’s Cider Mill and Farm . Over four generations of Webers have been market gardeners and fruit growers. The market features apple cider as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. There is also a pumpkin patch in the fall.
5. Take a stroll thru the National Electronics Museum . Admission and parking is free. The museum is located near the BWI airport. The National Electronics Museum will give you a glimpse of telegraphs, radios, radars and satellites.
6. Check out the Walter’s Art Gallery. The Walter’s Art Gallery is located in historic Mount Vernon. This museum is one of my kids’ favorite. The Walter’s Art Gallery features numerous paintings and sculptures. You can get lost in time looking at all of the different pieces.
7. Grab a book at the Main Enoch Pratt Free Library . The Enoch Pratt Free Library is one of the oldest free public library systems in the United States. The main branch, located on Cathedral street in downtown Baltimore is huge. It houses over 1,900,000 books, pamphlets, tapes. As a kid, I can remember getting engrossed in the books for hours at a time.
Bonus: Drop by the Baltimore Book Festival.
The Baltimore Book Festival is held one weekend every September. It promotes numerous celebrity authors as well as newer authors. There are always plenty of attractions for the whole family. Also, there is usually a few spots you can trade your old books in and/or pick up a free book or two.
You Should Also Read:
Free Things to do in Atlanta
Free Things to do in Miami
Free Things to do in Las Vegas
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Maria Brown. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Maria Brown. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Robin Henderson for details.