Museum Field Trip Tips for Students
A museum field trip should be a fun and exciting time for you! But there are some rules a museum needs you to follow so you can get the most out of your field trip. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you go on a field trip to a museum:
1. Be a good listener! The more you pay attention to the museum staff, the more you will be able to see and do. We know you are excited to come to the museum – and we are just as excited to share our museums with you! But we need to make sure you hear everything we have to tell when you arrive. The quicker you get into a line and pay attention to the museum staff, the faster we can get your trip started.
2. Use your museum voice! Please don’t be too loud when you are coming into the building or walking in between the different areas of the museum. We need you to be as quiet as you can be so you know where to go and what to do. There will probably be other boys and girls on a field trip too, so it is important to talk softly so you don’t disturb the tours that are already happening around you.
3. Use your walking feet! We don’t want you to fall and get hurt on your trip! It is always better to walk when you are in a museum. There are going to be lots of exhibits to see, and we also don’t want you to accidentally break something because you were running in the galleries.
4. Stay with your group. Field trip season is a busy time for the museum. We don’t want you to get lost in the building or get on the wrong school bus at the end of the day! Stay with your teacher and don’t wander off by yourself.
5. Don’t be a litterbug! If you are eating your lunch at the museum, try not to make a big mess. If you spill something, tell an adult right away. When you get up to leave, look around your space and be sure you have thrown away all of your garbage.
6. Raise your hand! If you have a question during your tour, please raise your hand and wait for the museum guide to call on you.
7. Follow any special rules your museum guide shares with you. Every museum is different, so there may be special rules to follow. For example, some museums don’t allow you to take pictures. Pay attention to the rules so you know what you can and cannot do.
8. Please don’t touch! Most of the artifacts and artwork you see in a museum is very old or very fragile. Your museum guide will tell you when it is OK to touch something. If you aren’t sure, please ask.
9. Have fun! The museum wants you to have a good time while you learn on your field trip. If you follow the tips listed here, you will definitely enjoy your trip!
You Should Also Read:
Museum Field Trip Tips for Teachers
Museum Field Trip Tips for Visitors
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Kim Kenney. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kim Kenney. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kim Kenney for details.