This year you may want to create your own updo hairstyle for prom. Practice once or twice beforehand and you will find it easy on the big day.
Step by step to a prom updo.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with products suited to your hair.
- Apply firm hair glaze or foam to give it as much body as possible.
- Blow it dry for volume.
- Set your hair all over with medium to small hot rollers.
- When the rollers are cool, remove them carefully.
- Part off a section approximately three inches back from the hairline – all the way around.
- Place the back hair in a loose pony tail high at the back of your head.
- Secure it with a few bobby pins paced around it.
- Separate the pony tail into individual curls, pulling some to the top of the band. Secure each curl with a hidden bobby pin.
- Start sectioning off one-inch square sections in the rest of the hair. Place a small amount of teasing at the base for fullness. Lightly smooth the teasing and pull the strand back to meet the ponytail curls. Place a pin to hold the strand, leaving enough hair to curl over the bobby pin.
- Spray each strand lightly with hairspray, remembering that you may want to move it when all the curls are in place.
- Continue around the head, pulling strands back to meet the updo, pinning each one and forming a curl.
- For a softer look, let a curl or two fall loosely onto your neck.
- When you are finished, spray with firm hold hairspray.
- For a very pretty and less formal variation, create a Half Updo, use the same procedure with only the top section of your hair.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!
Find even more ideas in Perfect Wedding Hair," an Ebook from Hair @ BellaOnline.