A Prom Updo That You Can Do
Step by step to a prom updo.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with products suited to your hair.
- Apply firm hair glaze or foam to give it as much body as possible.
- Blow it dry for volume.
- Set your hair all over with medium to small hot rollers.
- When the rollers are cool, remove them carefully.
- Part off a section approximately three inches back from the hairline – all the way around.
- Place the back hair in a loose pony tail high at the back of your head.
- Secure it with a few bobby pins paced around it.
- Separate the pony tail into individual curls, pulling some to the top of the band. Secure each curl with a hidden bobby pin.
- Start sectioning off one-inch square sections in the rest of the hair. Place a small amount of teasing at the base for fullness. Lightly smooth the teasing and pull the strand back to meet the ponytail curls. Place a pin to hold the strand, leaving enough hair to curl over the bobby pin.
- Spray each strand lightly with hairspray, remembering that you may want to move it when all the curls are in place.
- Continue around the head, pulling strands back to meet the updo, pinning each one and forming a curl.
- For a softer look, let a curl or two fall loosely onto your neck.
- When you are finished, spray with firm hold hairspray.
- For a very pretty and less formal variation, create a Half Updo, use the same procedure with only the top section of your hair.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!
Find even more ideas in Perfect Wedding Hair," an Ebook from Hair @ BellaOnline.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Updo for Very Long Hair - with a ponytail
Updo for Very Long Hair - with a twist
A Messy Bun
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.