Guest Author - Lynne Chapman
Beautiful, formal hairstyles are not difficult to create. They simply take a fair amount of patience and a little creativity. This style can be transformed into an elegant wedding style or a dressy half-updo.
As you can see, this model has hair that is past her shoulder in length.
- Shampoo and condition with body building products.
- Towel blot and apply firm hold styling foam or gel.
- Blow the hair dry quickly. There is no need to brush it while drying it.
Stretching or smoothing it will lessen its ability to retain curl.
Use a large toothed comb to remove the tangles before and after drying.
- For lasting hold, spray throughout with flexible hold hairspray.
- Use a curling iron to curl small sections of hair until it s all curled.
If the hair is difficult to curl, use a ¾ inch curling iron.
For hair that curls easily, use a 1 inch curling iron.
- If you want a section of bangs, separate them now and pin them out of the way.
- Start by selecting a small piece of hair from the center front.
Pull it back to the top of the head. Use a bobby pin to secure it.
Take the ends of the piece of hair,
roll them over into a curl and slide another bobby pin through the curl.
- Select another piece of hair from the front.
Pull it back and secure it the same way you did the first.
Nestle this curl next to the first.
Keep creating curls in this fashion until the front
and sides are pulled up into the cluster of curls on top of your head.
- Continue around the head, pulling up curls and pinning them.
Be creative as you arrange the curls, filling in the spaces.
You may have to rearrange some of the curls as you work.
- Let some of the ends hang loose for an attractive effect.
- To finish, arrange the bangs as you refer.
Smooth then to the side and down for an attractive face-framing effect.
If they are long enough, you can sleek them across the forehead
and form the ends into curls securing them into the cluster.
A wedding tiara behind the bangs and a veil tucked into the curls creates this elegant wedding style.
Follow the first 8 steps and then step 11 for this beautiful half updo.
After pulling the front back into the cluster of curls, fluff the back and sides into full waves and curls.
For a great party look, back brush for lots of fullness.