Women arenít the only ones who often, though inadvertently, sabotage their own dating lives. Single men can be just as likely to say or do things that may send most prospective partners running for the hills. Letís check out some of the more common mistakes that men tend to make in the dating world.
- Too much focus on the physical - It should hardly come as a surprise that most men are primarily motivated by their physical urges. As natural as that may seem to men, most women long to be seen as more than just a sex object. Women generally appreciate sensuality and can often be easily seduced by the whole romance of it. Focus less on the sexual act and more on the sensuality of kissing, holding and caressing.
- Indifference - Women want to feel special so it is important for potential partners to behave in a manner that makes them feel that way. Too often, men behave indifferently and donít follow through on what they say. Let actions speak louder than words. If you say you are going to call at a certain time, do so. Show her that you care about her and that you value the time you spend together.
- Smothering - Itís not always easy to strike a balance between indifference and smothering. Consider getting more involved in independent hobbies and activities and encourage your partner to do the same. Be sure to give each other plenty of room to breathe.
- Buying affection - Gifts are nice but donít overdo it. You want someone to be into you and not what your money can do. Give occasional gifts that come more from the heart than they do from the wallet. Remember itís the thought that counts.
- Being phony - No matter how hard you may try to portray yourself as something youíre not, eventually the real you will be revealed. Always be yourself. Let your true colors shine at all times and never accept anything less than a partner who loves you for the person that you are and not for the person that they would like you to be.