The Second Ten Commandments
THE SECOND TEN COMMANDMENTS
- Thou shall not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
- Thou shall not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
- Thou shall not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
- Thou shall face each problem as it comes. You can only handle one at a time anyway.
- Thou shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
- Thou shall not borrow other people's problems. They can better care for them than you can.
- Thou shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now!
- Thou shall be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do.
- Thou shall not become "bogged down" by frustration, for 90% of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
- Thou shall count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to big ones.
~~ Author Unknown ~~
It is a helpful tool,
That is used as a dangerous weapon.
It is so light,
Yet we fail to hold it.
Instead of using it as a magic wand,
To tap a bit of encouragement upon one's heart,
Or a smile upon one's face,
We use it as a sword to cut people down,
Leaving their hearts broken,
And their self-esteem low.
Instead of using it,
To turn ourselves into little angels,
Placing blessings upon one's life,
We use it to turn ourselves,
Into fire-breathing dragons,
Who insists on one's life being taken.
We use it to curse others,
Not realizing we are really cursing ourselves.
We must learn to hold this dangerous weapon,
Before we kill others as well as ourselves.
We must learn to watch the words,
That we allow to roll off of it.
We must allow it to be known,
As a piece of gold from heaven,
Instead of the flames from hell.
~~ Author Unknown ~~
You Should Also Read:
From God With Love
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.