Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Nanny McPhee Returns
There are five new lessons in store for another group of unruly children in “Nanny McPhee Returns”. This time it’s up to Nanny McPhee to help out Isabel who’s left to run the family farms as well as take care of three “always fighting” children and two equally rambunctious cousins while her husband is away at war. As if that wasn’t enough, Isabel also has to keep her wits about Phil, the one family member who’s trying everything he can to get his hands on the farm. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching this sequel!
· At the beginning when the cousins, Cyril and Celia, are in the car on the way to the farm, Cyril takes the pink lid off the box of marshmallows. The lid is upside down behind the box as he stuffs his mouth. It cuts to a quick view of Blenkinsop, the driver, and then cuts backs to the close-up of the kids. The lid is now leaning on top of the box of marshmallows.
· Isabel is getting ready to leave Mrs. Docherty’s shop. When Mrs. Docherty says “that’s nice dear”, she closes the yellow drawer (the third one from the left). It cuts to Isabel and then back to Mrs. Docherty who’s closing the same drawer again. Also during this scene, when Isabel goes to the drawers filled with syrup, she presses both hands against a yellow drawer, leaving sticky prints of both hands on it. But in the front view of her, when she mentions “guests coming”, the hand prints are half on the yellow drawer with the bottom half of the print on the orange drawer underneath. In the close-up of Isabel when she says “twenty-four hours”, the hand prints are back to being only on the yellow drawer.
· When the children are walking up to the barn after catching the pigs, the pig Megsie is carrying in her left arm changes position. When Isabel yells “children”, the close-up view shows Megsie holding the pig down, against her side. It cuts to a further view as Mr. Macreadie moves the board on the wagon and Megsie is holding the pig further up, where the pig’s head is past her shoulder. It cuts back to the close-up and the pig is lower, by her side again.
· Megsie is reading the letter about the boys going to London. The first side and close-up view of her holding the letter shows a larger piece of paper with a fold across the middle. It cuts to a close-up view of the note and the paper is only half the size of what Megsie was holding. There are also creases on the left and right sides. The scene cuts back to Megsie and she is once again holding the larger piece of paper.
· Nanny McPhee is driving her motorcycle. The side car is to the left of the bike. But when they’re driving through London and she looks up at the roaring lion, the passenger side car is suddenly on her right. It’s back to the left a moment later.
“Nanny McPhee Returns” (2010) stars Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans, Ewan McGregor and Ralph Fiennes. It runs 109 minutes and is rated PG for rude humor, some language and mild thematic elements.
Get your copy of "Nanny McPhee" here!
Content copyright © 2013 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.