For the marinated fruit
• 1 large apple, cored and chopped into large chunks
• 1 large orange, finely sliced
• 1 lemon, finely sliced
• About 20 - 30 green grapes, halved and with the pips removed
• 1 slice of watermelon, chopped
• 3 tablespoons of sugar
For the drink
• 2 bottles of red wine
• 1 carton of pure orange juice
• 1 carton of pure peach juice
• 1 small glass of brandy or rum
• 1 bottle of Cava or other sparkling wine
• 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Put all the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge.
2. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wine and the fruit juice together in a large punch bowl (or, if like me, you don't have a punch bowl, then a clean plastic washing up bowl would suffice).
3. Add the sugar and continue stirring until it is completely dissolved.
5. Stir in the cava or sparkling wine along with the brandy or rum.
6. Add the marinated fruit to the mix, chill the sangria in the fridge and add ice cubes before serving.
You can dilute the taste of this sangria and reduce its alcohol content by replacing the cava with lemonade.
Experiment with the flavors and quantities to make your own recipe sangria.
To see or buy a traditional Spanish ceramic sangria jug have a look here latienda.com
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Denise Hart. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Denise Hart. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.