Gloria Estefan, was born Gloria Fajardo in Havana, Cuba and raised in Miami. She was born on September 1, 1957 so she is a role model for women young and old. Ms. Estefan proves that a great hairstyle is great no matter what age you are. As long as it is stylish, flattering and well cared for, it is right for you.
Gloria Estefan’s bob hairstyle is very classy and sophisticated. With the length at chin level, the front edges point seductively at the corners of her mouth and form a face-framing curve.
- If your hair is fine in texture, shampoo and condition your hair with body building products and apply a firm hold styling foam.
If your hair is coarse or frizzy in texture use smoothing products for a sleek look.
- Begin drying this style by turning your head upside down and use the blow dryer to dry the root area at the crown. When the ends just damp, flip your head back right side up and finish blowing it dry using a large round brush to form the gentle curve.
- If your hair flattens on the top, use a large curling iron to add fullness. Form a large curl at the top of your head and carefully remove the curling iron. Grasping that section of hair, back-comb the hair at the base of the curl and spray it with hair spray. When the hair spray is dry, gently comb the hair into place. Repeat this to form 3 or 4 more curls. If there is too much curl and your hair doesn’t lay smoothly, use a flat iron to straighten just the ends, leaving the fullness at the base. For maximum fullness use the large curling iron all over and then use a flat iron to smooth the ends.
For those who love to wear bangs, try this style that Gloria Estefan wears so well. Her bangs are trimmed short enough to show off perfectly shaped eyebrows and beautiful eyes. The effect is to draw attention to her eyes and to make them appear larger. Long bangs are often very attractive, but have the effect if concealing the eyes, drawing attention away from them.
- To create bangs like Ms. Estefan’s, trim them by cutting up into them (vertically) instead of cutting them in a horizontal manner.
- If your bangs are heavy or thick, texturize them until they are ‘lighter’ looking. Texturizing takes out small amounts of hair of different lengths at intervals throughout, leaving spaces in between. It is done with the points of haircutting shears or with specially designed texturizing shears.