I love the look that you see in many fashion magazines and music videos, where the models look like they are standing in a the wind. Their hair is flowing and moving away from their face. You can create the look without the wind or having to stand in front or a fan.
This windblown style is not only great for a wildly sexy hair, it has some attributes that work for an older woman who wants to keep her long hair as flattering as possible.
For an older face, lifting the hair off the face is more youthful. It opens up the eyes and gives a more uplifted effect. Although you might not want a style quite as wild as this one, you can get some tips in styling.
- Shampoo and condition with products formulated for your hair type. Then towel dry.
- Apply strong styling glaze or styling foam. When applying, concentrate first on the root are. Thatís the part of the hair that is closest to your head. Apply extra to the front and sides. And then work it out toward the ends.
- Scrunch your hair dry with a diffuser. To get maximum fullness, tip your head upside-down and scrunch dry.
- When your hair is thoroughly dry, apply some hair cream to get rid of frizzy ends and to separate the waves.
- Now, to lift the front and sides! Lift the front by inserting the teeth of a comb and lifting about an inch. While the comb is in place, spray with a firm hold hairspray. Hold the comb in place until the hairspray is dry. Repeat the process on each side. If your hair is heavy and still falls, follow these directions. Grasp the bang area with your left hand (if you are right handed). Hold it up and back-comb it tightly at the base. This will make it stand up. Smooth it lightly and spray it with a firm hold hairspray. Repeat the process on the sides.
By limiting the use of hairspray to only the front and sides, your hair will still be free to move naturally.
LC Legacy Styling Products
Great Hold and Great Conditioning