Guest Author - Erik Moeller
For many Cubs this is the time for Pine Wood Derby. Time to put the family’s car design, tool knowledge and painting capabilities to the test.
This year there is another chance to shine with your car. Lowe’s and Dremel are sponsoring a contest and it looks like a real winner. The basic information is:
• Sponsored by Lowe's Home Improvement and Dremel
• Contest runs from January -- March 2006
• 80 Finalists are selected and 4 Grand Prize Winners win a trip to Lowe's Motor Speedway in May 2006 for the All-Star NASCAR Challenge where they get to meet NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson!
• Every single person who enters the contest will get an exclusive Derby Design patch
• Dremel demonstrations are being held at Lowe's Stores nationwide to help Scouts and Parents get the know-how to design their own dream derby car.
• Every child that attends a demonstration at Lowe's will receive a Mobile Derby Car Garage, while supplies last.
I was just notified about this contest and wanted to pass the information on to you as quickly as possible. For more information on the event rules, eligibility and all kinds of good stuff, you can download a poster and a picture of the patch from the Forms and Images section of the Boy Scout Website. The poster contains a registration form, design tips and more. You can also get more information from the Pine Wood Derby link in the Cub Scout section of the site.
Hope everyone has a good time. I will also put this on the forum page so you can give me any feedback on what you think of the contest.