Cordero Asado al Horno
This recipe is for an oven-roasted leg of lamb, a popular dish especially in the north and inland duringthe colder months.It'll be found on many restaurant menus too.
For this recipe you will need a mortar and pestle, a piece of kitchen equipment well used in any Spanish kitchen, or something similar to make the paste for the meat with.
Marinated 0ven Roasted Lamb
Ingredients for 4 people
1.5 kg leg of lamb
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 large potatoes, cut into small squares
1 small red pepper, roughly chopped
1 small green pepper, roughly chopped
1 large onion, sliced
100ml Spanish olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Mix the garlic and salt, the amount can be adjusted to your liking,
in a mortar or small bowl.
2. Add the oregano and parsley and grind to a paste.
3. Coat the lamb well with the paste then put it in the fridge to marinade for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Once ready to cook, place the meat in a large, deep roasting tin, arrange the vegetables around the meat and drizzle with olive oil, making sure that
everything is well coated.
6. put into a pre-heated oven at 200C or Gas mark 6. and allow to cook for at least 60 - 90 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your meat.
7. Add the brandy to the juices for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
8. Keep the vegetables warm and allow the meat to stand for 10 minutes
9. Transfer the meat to a serving dish, arrange the vegetables around
the meat and pour the juices over.
Note: The vegetables in this recipe will be very well-cooked, even burnt slightly. If you prefer to roast them separately do so, but you will loose that gorgeous flavour of the vegetables that absorb the meat juices when they are roasted together. Another option is to add the vegetables a little later, perhaps when the brandy is added.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Denise Hart. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Denise Hart. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.