Straight hair is forever in style. This is the newer look of straight hair. No longer perfectly straight and flat, it has a little fullness on top, and allows natural movement. It is very up-to-date and more flattering than the super straight - no bend or wrinkle - style of the past. Use this style for any length of hair from ear length to past the shoulders.
- Shampoo and condition with body building products.
- Use smoothing serum or elixir for silky, frizz free hair.
- Apply a firm styling foam. If your hair is soft and limp, use root lifter at the root area of the hair on top.
- Proceed to blow your hair dry quickly, directing the top but letting the sides and back to fly.
- Use a large ( 1 1/2 inch barrel) curling iron on the top and crown to add fullness. To take fullness out of the sides and back, finish with a narrow flat iron. Run the flat iron through the hair from ear level down to smooth it. At the end of each strand, tip the iron out slightly to allow the ends to flip.
- If there are curls where you used the curling iron, use your flat iron to relax the ends of each curl and make it blend with the rest of your hair.
- Scrunch hair creme into your hair as a finishing touch to seperate and add shine.
- Use hairspray to control the fringe area and the sides.
In more than thirty years of working in the hair fashion industry
I have made it a point to take note of what makes a mature woman stay youthful.