How to Maximize Your Moments
- Exercise, preferably weight lifting, will oxygenate your brain and stabilize glucose levels. Weight lifting helps to increase your focus and release endorphins to help you feel happier and in control.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet. Include fish, brain food, and plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables. Manage your cholesterol levels – be heart smart and brain.
- Make lists and post memos to remind yourself of what you have to do. Become the CEO of your life.
- Be consistent with your belongings, so that you know where your keys, pocket book, or reading glasses are. Why waste time playing hide and seek every day?
- Don’t multi-task. Focus your attention on one task at a time.
- Cut down on alcohol.
- Socialize, call and interact with other people to stay connected.
- Keep learning even one new word a day.
Debbie Mandel, MA is the author of Changing Habits: The Caregivers' Total Workout and Turn On Your Inner Light: Fitness for Body, Mind and Soul, a stress-reduction specialist, motivational speaker, a personal trainer and mind/body lecturer. She is the host of the weekly Turn On Your Inner Light Show on WGBB AM1240 in New York City , produces a weekly wellness newsletter, and has been featured on radio/ TV and print media. To learn more visit: www.turnonyourinnerlight.com
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Debbie Mandel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Debbie Mandel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.