You may have heard of someone having a process called dermabrasion used on their face or chest. You may have had this procedure yourself. It is done by an esthetician or dermatologist and is an abrasive procedure, either physical or chemical, used to remove old dead skin cells. This it removes signs of aging, leaving fresh young looking skin.
I was informed that young skin naturally has a 28 day cell renewal cycle. That means the time it takes for old skin cells to be sloughed off and new cells to surface. This cycle takes longer as we age. The renewal cycle for aged skin is about 60 days, gradually losing that youthful glow.
I just learned of a new treatment that offers similar benefits for your scalp. The Nioxin company just released Scalp Renew, a natural anti-aging treatment Ė dermabrasion for the scalp - the first of its kind in the hair industry.
I was told that Nioxin Scalp Renew combines advanced facial resurfacing treatments, skin conditioners, and hair restoratives in one treatment to produce younger scalp skin. It employs alpha hydroxyy, beta hydroxyy acids and enzymatic exfoliants for the process.
This in-salon treatment gradually and gently removes old skin cells and increases cellular turnover. Scalp Renew is said to increase cell renewal by 38%. It opens the hair follicle sites, removing hardened collagen and dead skin, for healthier hair growth.
I was told that the result of these treatments is added density and strength in the hair so I decided to give it a try. I wanted to see what Scalp Renew was all about.
- My stylist applied the treatment to my dry hair or actually my scalp.
- She parted my hair into four large sections and outlined them with the product.
- She then proceeded to line small slices of hair throughout my the larger sections and then she went back through making lines of product in the opposite direction. This created a grid effect.
- She gently massaged the product into my scalp. It caused a pleasant cooling sensation.
- I sat and processed for about ten minutes before she rinsed, washed, and conditioned my hair.
- I proceeded to style it myself so I could better assess the results of the treatment.
- The skin of my scalp felt very clean and fresh.
- My hair was soft and shiny.
- My hair felt very light and bouncy.
- It actually seemed to stand up off my scalp instead of lying down limply.
- It had lots of body and was easy to manage.
- The feeling has lasted for the next two weeks through subsequent washings and styling.
My hairdresser suggested three treatments, spaced about four weeks apart. She said that my scalp and hair follicles will be in increasingly better condition with each treatment.
From my experience, I believe that Scalp Renew does what it claims to do and I canít wait until my next treatment.
Ask your hairdresser about Nioxin Scalp Renew. I think it will be a beneficial treatment for anyone interested in growing healthy hair and especially for anyone with thinning hair.
Nioxin System 1 Economy Kit
NIOXIN Intensive Therapy Deep Repair Hair Masque - 5.1 oz