AuctionsThe Good, the Bad and the Downright Ugly
Online Auctions – The Pros
• Purchasing can be down from the comfort of your own home.
• You decide how much you are prepared to pay.
• Most auction sites allow you to keep track of all your purchases and sales so that you can check it out at the touch of a button.
• You can make extra cash without leaving your home.
• By using dropshippers you can have a home based business without any of the problems of shipping, storage etc.
• By building up to Powerseller status you can earn a living from home.
• You can declutter your home without having to arrange a garage sale.
• You can buy items to enhance your home without spending a fortune.
• You can do your gift shopping from home and avoid crowded shops.
• Most transactions run smoothly and you get what you want when you want it.
Online Auctions – The Cons
• You have to rely on descriptions and photographs of the item.
• You may get caught up in the bidding process and end up paying more than you intended.
• You may buy more than you budgeted for because there are such a wide variety of items available.
• Building an Online Auction business can be time consuming and frustrating until you know exactly what you are doing.
• Fees can be costly and can eat into your profits.
• Unless you are using dropshippers you will have to package and post your items yourself.
• Some buyers and sellers are only in business to make a quick profit and do not care about proper customer service so some transactions may not go as smoothly as anticipated.
• Items can get broken or damaged during shipping.
• Items may not be exactly as described or may have flaws which means you will have to sort out the problem by email or telephone rather than just returning it to your local shop.
• You must have an internet connection to be able to participate.
These are just some of the pros and cons. You will have to decide for yourself if Online Auctions are for you. Whatever you decide it looks like, love them or hate them, Online Auctions are here to stay. It is now possible to buy almost anything and the top sites are growing every day. Millions of people around the world use auctions as a way to get bargains and dream of being the next millionaire.
Before you make your decision, check out the top sites and see for yourself why so many people log in regularly.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Picking Your Products
The Business of Reselling
Auction Sites Research
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Kim O´Shea. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kim O´Shea. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.