This very stylish updo is the perfect hairstyle for a wedding of the the prom. It is a combination of tight curls and straight, shiny strands. It is easy to do and easy to accessorize.
- Shampoo and condition with products formulated for your hair texture.
- Towel blot and apply firm hold styling foam or glaze and curl enhancers.
- Comb your damp hair smoothly back into a ponytail, placed high on your head.
- Smooth out any wrinkles.
- Scrunch dry the loose hair, creating as much curl as possible.
- When the hair in the ponytail is completely dry, it is time to create straight strands or “strings.”
- Use a narrow flat iron to smooth a small piece of hair or ‘string’ and allow it to drape over the curls.
- Create these ‘strings’ throughout the style, placing them close together or far apart according to your preference.
- Spray with a flexible holding hair spray.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 as above.
- Blow dry your hair.
- When it is dry, brush your hair back smoothly and place it in a ponytail.
- Insert small benders or hot rollers. Roll small pieces of hair and use as many as you can fit into the ponytail.
- Curl all of the hair, even though you want straight pieces in the finished style.
- When the rollers are cool, remove them carefully. Separate the curls with your fingers without combing through them.
- Carefully fluff them to create a fuller look.
- Finish with steps 6, and 7 in the instructions above.
To dress up this style, place pearls, jewels or small flowers among the curls at the top and front of the updo. Hairpins or bobby pins can be placed through pearls or other jewels and used to secure them into your hairstyle.