This cute little tin bucket (4" high by 4 1/2" in diameter) is easy to decorate. Follow the simple steps below to make your own bucket ready for gift giving.
(Click to Enlarge Picture)
Supplies Needed (I used all Stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise noted):
Tin Bucket (craft supply store)
Spring Flowers Scrapbook Paper (12" x 12") cut into 1/2" wide strips plus scraps for tag
Cameo Coral Cardstock
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Sentiment Stamp (Thank You from Love Without End)
1/8" Hole Punch
Gingham Ribbon (16")
- Apply adhesive to the back of two 12" x 1/2" wide scrapbook paper strips. (TIP: A Xyron machine will give you complete and even adhesive coverage). Find the center of the strips and start attaching them from the center back of the bucket toward the front on both sides. Attach one at the top and one at the bottom. At the top of the bucket you are likely to have a gap where the strips do not meet. Cut another 1/2" strip (approximately 4" long) and cover the gap. This gap will be covered up later.
- Attach your ribbon to the top paper and tie a knot. You can apply adhesive to the ribbon in a few spots to make it easy to apply and to hold it more securely.
- Punch out flowers from the scrapbook paper and apply adhesive. Attach the flowers to the front of the bucket where the papers meet to cover up any lines.
- Use the tag punch to punch out a tag from two different scrapbook papers. Tear the first one in half and glue it to the second one. Glue this tag to a piece of Cameo Coral Cardstock and cut out around the edges leaving a 1/8" border.
- Stamp a sentiment on the tage then punch a hole in the tag and attach the hemp. Slide the hemp under the ribbon knot and tie.
Voila! The bucket is complete. Fill the bucket with treats, goodies or small gifts to give to a friend or loved-one. These buckets can also be partially filled with sand then insert a piller candle and you have a cute outdoor table decoration for your next barbeque.