Now that the back to school sales are in full swing, why not pick up a few extra composition books to turn into cool gifts!
Composition Book (approximately 9 3/4" x 7 1/2" but other sizes will work too)
- Carefully measure the composition book from the edge of the black binding to the edge of the book (width). For the 9 3/4" x 7 1/2" books the measurements are 9 3/4" x 6 5/8". Add approximately 1/4" to the width to make sure that you cover a little of the black binding.
- Cut a piece of cardstock or scrapbook paper to cover the front and back of the book. Use your corner rounder to round the edges of one side of the cardstock or just simply trim the cardstock after it is attached to the composition book. Alternatively, you can add a strip of stamped cardstock and then a piece of scrapbook paper for a different look. This is what I did in the sample.
- Stamp the cardstock as desired and attach the cardstock using a liberal amount of double-sided tape or glue. Make sure you tape or glue the edges to prevent the cover from coming off. Another way to attach the cardstock is to run it through a xyron machine first.
- Embellish the book as desired.
Embellish a Pen
Now that you've made your composition book, make a matching pen to go with it.
RSVP Pen by Pentel
White Copy Paper
OR - Decorative Scrapbook Paper
- Using a small stamp, stamp a piece of paper that is 1" x 3 1/4". OR just cut a piece of Scrapbook Paper (not cardstock) to that size.
- Unscrew the bottom from the pen and tighly roll the paper and place
in the pen.