Audrey Hepburn - The Timeless Updo
|Not many of us feel secure with short bangs (or fringe); they make us think of the bangs our mothers cut on us when we were too young to protest. However, on Ms Hepburn, short bangs accentuate her beautiful eyes, making them appear even larger than they are already. Her eyes and well shaped eyebrows are the focal point when you look at her. This style gives her the flirtatious pixy look that she is famous for.|
Her updo is timeless, pulled up into a ponytail and fluffed for fullness. The ends are curled under and secured with bobby pins.
- Separate the bangs.
- These bangs are cut in an uneven pattern and texturized, by point cutting or with a razor, so that they appear light and natural. Cutting them straight off will give the dreaded “My mom cut these” blunt and chunky look.
- Pull the rest of your hair back smoothly and form it into a full, controlled ponytail.
This can be achieved on very long hair by pulling all the hair up into a high ponytail and fanning it out. Unless you have very thick hair, you will need to backcomb the ponytail and then lightly smooth it over the top.
- Pin the ends under and spray with firm-hold hairspray.
- In hair that is not quite long enough, it is achieved by placing a second ponytail about 2 inches down and hiding it under the first. This allows the hair from the second ponytail to flow farther down or to the nape while the first ponytail is fanned out to cover all traces of the second. This also works well with layered hair.
- The band of the first is hidden by taking part of the hair and bobby-pinning it to your head in front of the band and then smoothing the hair over the band and blending it with the total ponytail. Skip this step if you have an ornamental barrette or large clip to hide the band.
- To create this look on even shorter hair, pull your hair back and secure it with bobby pins and hairspray. Fasten a hairpiece in the form of a small hair piece or a fall to the crown of your head, making sure to cover all the bobby pins. The hairpiece should be a perfect match of your own hair color.
Audrey Hepburn is known for her dark brown hair, but in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s, her hair was highlighted with light tan blonde strands, an excellent color choice.
The Secrets of Ageless Beauty
The Secrets of Ageless Women Secrets gathered from the women with timeless beauty. Learn their tricks and tips for lasting beauty. Whether you use every tip or just one or two suggestions, you will be rewarded with a more youthful and stylish appearance.
More Ebooks from Hair @ BellaOnline - Updos, Wedding Hair, Hair Color
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Julia Roberts Updo
The Romantic Hair of Shakespeare in Love
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.