Alzheimer's Prevention Strategies for 2007
Recent studies highlight the following positive lifestyle changes to postpone or even prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Long term intake of caffeine – Enjoy your coffee and the alertness it brings
- Exercise your body to improve your mind; Cross train and vary your workouts. Dancing is great because you learn new steps – better for you than crossword puzzles!
- Follow the Mediterranean diet – Low fat Pizza is good for you! Enjoy olive oil with your salads to absorb the nutrients!
- Eat fish 2 to 3 times a week – particularly fatty fish like salmon.
- Eat a rainbow array of fruits and vegetables and juice it up! Jack LaLanne drinks mixed vegetable and fruit juices up to 5 times a day and look at the physical and mental shape he is in!
- Manage your stress!!! Don’t inflame your brain, your heart and your language. Cool off by inhaling and exhaling to your own natural rhythm and visualizing a serene happy place by using your 5 senses!
Debbie Mandel, MA is the author of Changing Habits: The Caregivers' Total Workout and Turn On Your Inner Light: Fitness for Body, Mind and Soul, a stress-reduction specialist, motivational speaker, a personal trainer and mind/body lecturer. She is the host of the weekly Turn On Your Inner Light Show on WGBB AM1240 in New York City , produces a weekly wellness newsletter, and has been featured on radio/ TV and print media. To learn more visit: www.turnonyourinnerlight.com
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Debbie Mandel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Debbie Mandel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.