This Christmas soap label features a trio of angels with stars done in line art. There is ample label area for soap infomation and a label area at the side of the label for other pertinent details. This label is already setup in Microsft Publisher so the only thing needed to complete the label is to download it and customize the text fields. Below are some tips for deciding what kind of paper to print the soap cigar band on.
Please note that the available label is finished with a white background - to change label background color simply use a different color paper. This label is even quite nice printed on plain beige cardstock.
1. Cardstock paper is the most affordable paper plus it is available in the widest assortment of colors. I get mine from art supply stores as well as scrapbooking stores. Most stores will cut odd sized paper into custom sizes if you ask them. Try to use cardstock that is smooth in texture for easy printing.
2. Handmade paper -- Always a favorite among those who create handcrafted gifts and personal care items. It is important though that the paper be smooth enough to run through a printer.
3. Vellum (translucent-type paper)-- vellum is one of my favorite papers for printing this kind of design, and may I suggest an off white color such as cream, tan, taupe. Off white and the middle shades of vellum have an understated elegance that is outstanding in all manner of labels. Vellum is also excellent for printing labels and wraps for special event gifts such as weddings and graduations. Going for an absolute look of elegance; then use vellum. The finer weights of vellums are more suitable for printing soap wraps that will be manipulated more. The heavier weights of vellum are excellent for soap cigarbands and hangtags, etc.
4.Rice paper - I love the fragility and translucence of rice paper -another elegant look. This paper is hard to find in manageable sheets for the printer. Rice paper is wonderful for printing labels that have an Asian theme. However, the uses of rice paper go farther and wider than is possible with this article. This is one of those papers that begs to be experimented with.
5. Kraft (butcher's type paper-uncoated) - kraft paper is the chameleon of wrapping papers. Kraft paper is equally at home sporting vintage designs as well as with a touch of gold or copper paint for highlights. When I think of wonderful handmade products, the humble kraft paper is chief among this type of wrapping. Kraft paper is redolent with old-fashioned goodness - gifts wrapped with loving care and rustic simplicity. Kraft paper is available in printer size sheets as well as on huge rolls.
Materials and software programs needed:
* Microsoft Publisher
* Paper - Cardstock, kraft, vellum, etc
* Downloaded file
* Graphic file used BMP - high resolution 300 DPI
* Size - L - 8 inches x W 2.7 inches
1. First Download file from www.perfumekits.com.
2. Open file in Microsoft Publisher -- if workspace is set to 50%, find zoom button on task bar and zoom in to 100% to get a better view of label. Then click into text fields to customize and replace text.
3. To add additional text fields GOTO---INSERT TEXTBOX. CLICK INSIDE THE BOX TO START ADDING TEXT.
4. Make sure that file is saved before closing your newly customized soap cigar band.
Source for Cardstock Paper
The Paper Mill Store has one of largest inventories of cardstock and have great deals on bulk orders.