Sarah Palin's Half Updo
To create the Sarah Palin half updo you should have hair that is shoulder length or longer with long layers.
- Shampoo and condition with products that add body. Conditioning is always beneficial to long hair but the conditioner need not over soften the hair. Conditioners that are formulated for fine hair leave in as much natural body as possible.
- Add more body and control by applying body building Styling Foam or Styling Gel from root to ends.
- Blow the hair dry, adding as much fullness as possible.
- Use a large round brush to dry the bangs, giving them body but not curl.
- Set the hair on large heated rollers. Let them cool completely before removing.
- Brush through the hair.
- Separate the hair above the top of the ears and pull it straight back.
- Brush the hair from the top of the ears straight back meeting at the center of the back of the head.
- Secure the hair with bobby pins allowing the ends to curl so that the pins a concealed.
For fullness and to help hold it in place, back brush or tease the hair before pulling it back. Gently smooth the hair with a brush to cover the teasing. Brush lightly over the top of the hair, being careful not to brush out the teasing.
- After pinning the hair back, create the curls. If your hair is long, you may have to pin the curls into place. Do this by sliding the pins through the inside of the curl so that they don’t show from the outside.
Turn this half updo into an updo by pulling the bottom part into a simple twist.
Follow steps 1 through 7. Clip the top section out of the way.
Brush the bottom section up and to one side. Use bobby pins at the center back to hold the hair. Fold the hair back over the pins and form into a twist. Slide bobby pins through the center of the twist to hold it in place. You may either tuck the ends inside the twist or extend them upward.
Continue with step 8. Create curls or a rolls and secure them with bobby pins.
Spray the entire hair style with firm hold hair spray.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Back-combing, Teasing and Ratting
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.