Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Six Pet Sweepstakes Tips
Pet parents and families are a breed of their own. We love our furry kids but pet gear adds up. Pet supply companies often hold promotional contests and sweepstakes to give away pet food, toys, cash and more. Here are six tips for finding pet contests.
1. Pet Stores: Local pet shops and national chain stores occasionally hold drawings for pet food, toys and gift baskets. The odds for winning are greater at these local contests which have different ways to enter. I've seen one entry method that involved bringing in an advertisement I received in my junk mail to the store. Online entry and write-in slips are other common methods.
2. National Pet Month: National Pet Month is a time for awareness of all pet issues including adoption, volunteering and pet health. Some clinics and shelters step up their fundraising at this time. Companies have contest promotions too. National Pet Month is each May in the United States and April in the UK.
3. Pet Photo Contests: Do you think your dog should be famous? Modern Dog Magazine has a weekly photo contest. Your dog could be featured as the weekly top dog on the website and qualify for a chance to appear in the magazine. Modern Cat Magazine has the same type of contest. The Old Farmer's Almanac gives away a "bundle" of Almanac products to winners about twice a year. Other websites to look for contests include Canine Superstar, Page-A-Day, Orvis Canine Cancer Campaign and People Magazine. Also check your local television station websites and magazines for photo contests.
4. Pet Expos: Pet Expos are held all over the country. Some are small but large expos could have hundreds of vendors who want to promote their products, some through giveways. Besides these individual sponsors, the expo itself may be involved in a sweepstakes. For example, one event near me—the Novi Pet Expo—has teamed up with local pet groups to sell expo tickets. The nonprofit groups receive a portion of each ticket sale and you receive entry into a sweepstakes with a grand prize of a vacation getaway.
5. Company Websites: You need look no further than around the house for contest ideas from each pet product. Pet food is a common giveaway but not the only prize. Purina, Iams, Meow Mix, Eukanuba are a few brand names that come to mind along with others for pets on a natural food or grain free diet. Check out their websites for the most current contests.
6. Pet Story Contests: You or a local shelter can win cash prizes for sharing your heartwarming pet adoption story in contests. These entries are usually in the form of a short essay submitted to a website. Some sponsors include Pause for Tails (Helen Woodman Animal Center Blog), Adopt and Shop (adoptandshop.org), Modern Dog Magazine and Pet Hub.
Have fun and good luck!
Content copyright © 2015 by Trish Deneen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Trish Deneen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Trish Deneen for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.