This bride’s wedding style is soft and romantic. Her medium length hair is curled and gently pulled back into a cluster of loose curls. The soft flowing lines of the updo make it appropriate for a Victorian style wedding and gown or equally as fitting for a contemporary style wedding. This tiara and the veil give the effect of being attached but are actually two separate pieces. The crystal tiara accents the top of the style. Her veil is tucked into the curls at the nape of her head.
This bride’s hair is about shoulder length with some light layering. The style can also be created in hair that is trimmed into a one length bob – just add more curls and bobby pins at the nape area.
- Curl your hair and build lots of body by setting your hair on medium and small hot rollers. Wait until the rollers cool completely before removing them. Do this gently so as not to drag out the curl.
- Separate the hair at the front and sides and clip it out of the way.
- Start at the center back and create a large curl by turning it around your fingers. Secure it with a hidden bobby pin. It may be easier to form the curl by backcombing it at the base before rolling it into the curl.
- Select a large strand of hair located next to the first curl. Turn it over, forming it around your fingers and use a bobby pin to secure it.
- Select a strand on the other side of the first curl and repeat the process.
- Continue creating curls around the first until all of the hair in the back is curled and secured.
- If your hair is long enough, allow a few of the curls to dangle and lay softly on your neck.
- Back brush the top and sides lightly to give it fullness and to help it to stay in place.
- Using your fingers, smooth the hair back, and create curls around the cluster in the back.
When all of the curls are in place and pinned, carefully set the tiara on the top. Insert the ends into the lines of the updo. Tuck the veil into the curls at the nape. Be sure to add bobby pins as well as the comb, to hold it in place. You may need to rearrange some of the curls to accommodate the veil.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!