Guest Author - Faith Ford
Life just became a whole lot easier for jewelry shoppers. Itís about more than just having the convenience of shopping from home via the internet. Finding fantastic fashion jewelry without having to trudge along from one Jewelry store to the next may sound good enough, but what if you had the opportunity to become a member of an exclusive club where the jewelry came to you? For a small monthly fee that you can take or leave, the offer may be well within the reach of your mouse-click. Of course there are always pros and cons. Keep reading below, and decide for yourself.
Jewelmint.com is a fashion jewelry club that was started by the actress Kate Bosworth and her stylist pal, Cher Coulter. Itís website features edgy, classic, and vintage inspired pieces that are all under $30.
Here are the Pros:
1) This is worth repeating. Every item on the website is under $30
2) The website is easy to navigate. Everything is clearly described and visible, written in a way that the average consumer can decide on whether or not they want to join. Membership basically involves filling out a questionnaire profile to assess your style type. Once youíre done, up pops your jewelry style recommendations which are based on the answers you submitted. If you donít like any of the jewelry pieces, there is an option to see more within your given category. New selections picked especially in your style range arrive in your E-mail box each month.
3) The selections are quite creative, with many based on celebrity styles and the type of jewelry that you see in high fashion magazines.
Here are the Cons:
1) There is no obligation to purchase at jewelrymint.com, but you have to opt out within the first five days of that month. Some people may not like that kind of pressure. If you forget to cancel, youíll still be charged $29.99. So you have to be very proactive in your membership.
2) Jewelmint.com doesnít ship outside of the US as of yet, so if you love what they have to offer but donít reside in the U.S., then youíll have to wait until they service your area.
3) Yes, the jewelry on jewelrymint.com is beautiful, but becoming a member doesnít mean that any one piece was made just for you and bought by you. If youíre looking for something original, this may not be the right fit.
As with any business, youíll have to do some homework to see which club you like best. If jewelrymint.com isnít the one, there are many others. Ourjewelryclub.com offers free jewelry based on referrals and your membership type, and Parklanejewelryclub.com allows members to have fundraisers using their pieces. Whether you choose to participate in any of these clubs or not, just remember how wonderful and fun it is to have even more fashion jewelry shopping options!