Requirements to join Geneablogger: you must either author a blog related to genealogy and family history or you are a reader of these types of blogs. If you have a genealogy or family history-related blog here’s what you can do to get involved in a fast-growing community of like-minded bloggers who are always ready to lend a hand to new GeneaBloggers members:
- Get on the GeneaBloggers Blog Roll
- Display the GeneaBloggers Badge
- Let Us Know Your Blogiversary
- Join GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
- Check Out Events on the GeneaBloggers Calendar
- Participate in Daily Blogging Themes
- Resources on Blog Copyright and Content Theft
- Blog Design
- Blog Templates
- Data Backup
- Editing Photos
- Improving your Blog
- Madness Monday: create a post with the main focus being an ancestor who either suffered some form of mental illness or an ancestor who might be hard to locate and drives you mad.
- Tombstone Tuesday: create a post which includes an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors and it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor.
- Wordless Wednesday: create a post with the main focus being a photograph or image. Some posters also include attribute information as to the source of the image (date, location, owner, etc.).
- Treasure Chest Thursday: create a post with the main focus being a family treasure, an heirloom or even an every-day item important to your family.
- Follow Friday: create a post in which you recommend another genealogy blogger, a specific blog post, a genealogy website or a genealogy resource. Tell us why they are important to the genealogy community and why we should follow.
- Surname Saturday: There are two ways in which you can join in the fun: Twitter Participants must have a current and active Twitter account in order to participate. During the day on Saturday, participants "tweet" about the surnames they are researching. All posts should include the #surnameshashtag. Here is the current listing of Surname Saturday messages on Twitter: Surnames. Bloggers: If you have your own genealogy or family history related blog, you can participate in Surname Saturday. What is it? Surname Saturday is a daily blogging theme used by many genealogy bloggers to help them post content on their sites. To participate in Surname Saturday, simply create a post in which you discuss a surname and mention its origins, its geographical location(s) and how it fits into your genealogy research.
- Sentimental Sunday: create a post with the main focus being a sentimental story or memory about an ancestor, or maybe even a touching family tradition.
You Should Also Read:
Blogging Events Calendar
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Tina Sansone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tina Sansone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tina Sansone for details.